Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Coming up with weeknight dinners can be exhausting. Let us come up with your menu instead. This pan-seared tilapia is fresh, healthy, and easy to make on your busiest of days. Don’t worry if you’re not a big fan of Cumin—this recipe does not taste like taco seasoning. The Cumin essential oil is used in perfect subtlety within the flavors of the spice-crusted fish and bright slaw.
Tilapia: This lean, white fish is not only delicious, but also contains a wide variety of health benefits associated with it. Among the many benefits, tilapia has the ability to help reduce ones weight, boost the overall health of your hair, strengthen your immune system, and boost your metabolism.
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 drop Cumin essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, Cumin essential oil, chili powder, black pepper, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Spoon seasoning onto the fish fillets, evenly covering both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan or a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add seasoned fish to the pan, and cook each side for 2-3 minutes
Tip: Do not overcook the fish!